Amazon S3 – A Beginner’s Guide (Part 3) – Distributing from your Amazon S3 account

As part of Barry’s Video Challenge, I have now created Part 3 of my Amazon S3 series.

In this post and video, I cover 3 different methods of distributing from your Amazon S3 account.

After all, it’s all well & good storing your data in there, but how do you get it back out again?!

This video explains that.

Incidentally, if you haven’t seen the first or second parts, they can be found here:
Video 1: http://nikkistephens.com/online-business/amazon-s3-beginners-guide-part-1

Video 2: http://nikkistephens.com/online-business/amazon-s3-beginners-guide-part-2-uploading/

(as the URLs might suggest!).

In this video, I show you 3 different ways of getting the links that you need in order to distribute your media from your Amazon S3 account.

1) Distributing directly from your Amazon S3 account

2) Using a program called Cloudberry to get the relevant distribution links (I covered Cloudberry in Video 2 if you aren’t sure what it is)

3) Using Easy Video Player to distribute videos and audio from your S3 account.

Each of these have their uses, and I would say that it’s up to you whichever one you decide to use (or all 3, depending on what you’re doing!)

So without further ado, here is part three of my Beginner’s Guide to Amazon S3.

As always, if you have any questions about this, then please leave me a comment below.

Speak to you soon,

Nikki

P.S. Let me know if you entered Barry’s Video Challenge!

If you've enjoyed this post, I'd be grateful if you'd share it with your friends or anyone else that you feel it could help.

18 replies
  1. Barry Wells
    Barry Wells says:

Hi Nikki, My Fabulous Fear Fighting Friend

Thanks very much for taking part in my video blog challenge and for linking to it :)

I have loved your series right from the off and know that it’s going to assist me in the future. I aim to start creating loads of videos and some of them will be for private viewing for my subscribers, so this really is a solution for me.

Sorry to hear you had a late night finishing the video but it paid off mate as this is an excellent video.

I know that it’s going to help loads of people as I’ve seen many request for help with Amazon S3.

I also liked the demo of Easy Video Player, which i will have to invest in. I did see a discount to it somewhere but can’t remember where so I’ll go looking 😉

Thanks again for taking part in the challenge and creating a first class video Nikki :)

Have a great weekend,
    Barry
    Barry Wells recently posted..Video Blog Challenge: How To Create A PowerPoint Presentation Part One

Nikki Reply:

Hey Barry,

Thanks for running the challenge in the first place! It made me pull some focus into my life & get on with creating the video above.

I had planned to get the video done earlier in the week, but things don’t always go to plan hence the late night last night. Still, as I’m away for the weekend I knew it had to be done today or else it wouldn’t happen until Tuesday at the earliest.

I’m actually going to do a tour of EVP as one of my videos (maybe one for your challenge) so then you’ll get a better idea of all the things that can be done with it…and I’m sure I’ll only cover the tip of the iceberg!

Have a great weekend yourself, watch the fingers when you’re playing basketball!

Catch up soon,

Nikki

2. Barry Wells
    Barry Wells says:

I think the tour of EVP would go down great Nikki :)

I tape my pinky up now, learnt that the first session mate :)

Have a great weekend Nikki 😀
    Barry Wells recently posted..The Video Blog Challenge

Nikki Reply:

Hey Barry,

Taping your pinky up is a good idea – don’t want any more mishaps from sporty nonsense! :)

Yes, I think my next video may well be a tour of EVP, and then the one after that will go into detail on the more advanced settings within there (I don’t think I’d be able to get it all into one video!).

We shall see how it goes!

Catch up with you soon,

Nikki

3. Julie
    Julie says:

Hi Nikki,

Well, you have put together a super video Nikki, great instructions – oh and I had to have a smile at the end, I was away flying with Nikki Airlines again :-)

I know what you mean about having the option to stop and start videos – I need it, glad you’ve got it too ’cause one of the boys wanted me to open a bottle two minutes into it. Couldn’t open a bottle – he can’t be mine!

Anyway Nikki, thanks for sharing that information – great video and I look forward to seeing next weeks.

Hope you’re keep well
    Julie
    Julie recently posted..Tips Promoting Products as an Affiliate #1

Nikki Reply:

Hey Julie,

“Thank you for flying Nikki Airlines!”. You never know, maybe I’ll diversify and get a private plane…at least I know I’d be good at the announcements!

I’m glad you found the video helpful (even if you were laughing at me!) – at least it’s a good thing to leave you with – the thought of Nikki Airlines makes me think of sunshine & holidays.

Catch up with you soon Julie,

Nikki

4. Adrienne
    Adrienne says:

Hey Nikki,

Great job with this video and I’ll be sure to go back to the beginning and view part 1 and 2.

I’ve always been curious about Amazon’s S3 site for video sharing. I’ve yet to use it but I have a feeling I will need to in the very near future. Thank goodness someone took the time to walk us through everything we need to do.

Will most definitely look forward to what else you’ll be sharing with us Nikki.

Have a great week.

~Adrienne
    Adrienne recently posted..How To Install A YouTube Widget On Your Blog

Nikki Reply:

Hey Adrienne,

Thanks for the feedback and letting me know that you’ve found my videos useful, I really appreciate it.

I’ll be over to your blog later to see what’s going on over there – I always know it’ll be something helpful!

Speak soon,

Nikki

5. David Caudill
    David Caudill says:

Hello Nikki,

Very nice and super information you are giving out and ” I thank you”

LOL I posted a note on my pinboard ‘ don’t forget to set permissions.’ 😉

Looking forward to learning more from you.

“Have a wonderful day my friend.”

To your continued success,

David Caudill
    David Caudill recently posted..Common Myths Of Home Based Business

Nikki Reply:

Hey David,

That’s a good idea, putting a reminder on to your pinboard! I’m glad you’ve found my video useful.

Thanks for popping over here and commenting, I appreciate it.

Speak soon,

Nikki

6. Robert Corrigan
    Robert Corrigan says:

Hi Nikki,

just watched the videos on using Amazon S3 very well presented the great thing about Barry’s challenge is you get to learn so much that you did not know looking forward to the rest.

Rob
    Robert Corrigan recently posted..Listing On Kindle For Profit

Nikki Reply:

Hi Rob,

I’m glad you enjoyed the videos, thank you! Yes, Barry’s challenge was a great idea as it means we all get to share our knowledge and help each other, plus it creates content for us at the same time!

Thanks for your comment Rob, catch up with you soon.

Nikki

7. Dawn Kay
    Dawn Kay says:

Hey Nicki

It was a pleasure flying with Nikki’s airlines again…

I’ve really enjoyed your tour round Amazon and can’t help
    thinking that you need to put all these videos together when
    your done and use them as a freebie to build your list.

Well done and it’s good to see you creating vids again, your a natural.

Take care

Dawn
    Dawn Kay recently posted..Is your blog Pinterest friendly?

Nikki Reply:

Hey Dawn,

Whasssssssssssssuuuupppp! Yes, it does make me laugh when Julie mentions the Nikki Airlines thing, so now I’ll have to include it on my videos!

I was just going to add these Amazon S3 videos into my Video Marketing list (the one where you get the free report on Easy Video Player), but you’ve got me wondering whether I should do a separate list for Amazon S3 now…

Not long until my Tour of Easy Video Player starts, I’ve been editing the first video in my evenings so I hope to get that uploaded this weekend.

I’m glad you’re doing a series on Pinterest – I’ve stayed away from it for now because I haven’t had time to look at it, and also because I had read that there were potential copyright issues with it. However, as I see so many people are using it I think I’ll have to dive on in, so your blog posts & videos will be really helpful for that, thanks!

Catch up with you soon,

Nikki

8. Dave
    Dave says:

Hi Nicki,

I love you blog. This post is very informative and timely for me. I was recently wondering how to use Amazon S3 to help distribute my video content with out relying on youtube. You’ve created a great series of tutorials here to do just that.

I had heard about Cloudberry but was not aware of Easy Video Player. Thanks for sharing this.

Kind regards,

Dave
    Dave recently posted..Alternatives to Amazon From an Affiliate’s Perspective – Prosperent May Be Right For You

Nikki Reply:

Hi Dave,

I’m glad I could be of assistance!

You’re in luck – my next video (coming in a couple of days) is the start of my Tour of Easy Video Player – I’m taking you behind the scenes so you can see exactly what it does and how it can be of benefit to you.

Speak soon,

Nikki

9. Barry Wells
    Barry Wells says:

Hey Nikki my Fabulous Fear Fighting Friend

You sure have saved me a lot of work here. I’m just in the process of sorting out Adrienne’s interview and following your video along has made it so much easier :)

Thanks Nikki :)

Barry
    Barry Wells recently posted..Recording Your PowerPoint Presentations With Camtasia

Nikki Reply:

Yikes it’s him!

Hey Barry,

How’s your ankle now? Recovering nicely I hope? I’m glad that you’ve found these videos useful, thanks for putting on the challenge and making me get back on the saddle!

New video coming shortly…I’ve been editing it over the past couple of evenings, and this one seems to be taking me forever! But I hope to have it up at some point over the weekend. Have no fear, I’ll let you know as soon as it’s done!

Catch up with you soon,

Nikki

[Reply]

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!